newheader 11-2016

The Magistrate Court of DeKalb County, Georgia

English | Espaņol    
  556 N. McDonough Street, DeKalb County Courthouse
Decatur, GA 30030-3356
Home Page Civil Issues Criminal Issues Misdemeanor Mental Health Court FAQs Contact

DeKalb County Magistrate Court Civil Issues

Civil Matters

I have a judgment against the defendant, what do I do to collect on it?

return to FAQs page

There are a number of ways that you can enforce collection of a judgment. You may wish to consult an attorney, or to do your own independent research for a complete understanding of all possible post-judgment collection remedies. Some of the more commonly used methods include filing a garnishment action, recording a Writ of Fi Fa on the general execution docket in Superior Court of the county where the defendant resides to create a lien on the defendant's real estate or filing a levy to have the Marshal collect and sell the defendant's personal property.

return to FAQs page

© The Magistrate Court of DeKalb County | All Rights Reserved Site Map  /  Disclaimer/Terms of Use
The Magistrate Court of DeKalb County, Georgia | 556 N. McDonough Street, Suite 270, DeKalb County Courthouse, Decatur, GA 30030-3356 | Phone: 404-371-2261
The Diversion Treatment Court of DeKalb County | 556 N. McDonough St. Room 1200D, DeKalb County Courthouse, DeKalb County Courthouse, Decatur, GA 30030 | Phone: 404-371-2241

Website Consultation, Website Design, and Search Engine Optimzation provided by WebXperts Design Inc. | 508 Compliance Consultation provided by